- Community Schools
Dear Parents and Guardians:
As we approach the halfway mark of another successful school year, I want to thank you for your continued support as we strive for excellence in serving our students, parents and community. Providing our students and families with several options in high-quality academics and extracurricular activities, is one of the cornerstones of our district.
St. Vrain Valley Schools’ Open Enrollment window for the 2018-2019 school year is nearing. This year's window runs from December 1st to January 16th. Here are a few things to remember during this critical time of year.
1. Students who desire to attend a school or program outside of their designated attendance area may apply for Open Enrollment/Nonresidence authorization for the school or program of their choice. In order to apply, an Open Enrollment/Nonresidence Application must be completed. These forms can be found on the district website or your local school.
2. Beginning on December 1, families can hand deliver Open Enrollment/Nonresidence forms to their school of choice. All schools will have applications on hand for parents to complete.
NOTE: New schools – Elementary 27 and Erie PK-8 – do not have finished facilities and will be allowed to accept open enrollment via an online application system in addition to paper forms. These online forms will become available December 1st at 8:00 a.m. on the district website: www.svvsd.org.
3. Because boundary decisions for new schools will not be made until December 13, families unsure of their new resident school should submit an open enrollment form to the school of their choice. If your school of choice becomes your school of attendance due to the Board’s decision, families are ensured placement at that school.
4. All applications will be time and date stamped as open enrollment is on a first-come first-served basis.
5. Schools will notify families of acceptance by February 7th
As we work through this process, our primary goal is to ensure every student/family attends the school of their choice. If you have any questions about the Open Enrollment process, you can visit the district website at stvra.in/enroll or contact your local school for more information.
Thank you for your involvement and support as we continue to advance the education and well-being of our students.
Jim Hecocks, Principal