- Community Schools
Guidelines for Preschool Application/Registration Process
1. Child resides in school attendance area (designated neighborhood school)
2. Family has a sibling at the school
3. Child has a parent who is a staff member at the school
4. Child attended the preschool the previous year
These priorities have been addressed on the application form. We will also note on the application that children may not dual enroll although they may apply to more than one preschool due to the limited slots.
· By 12/8/17: Early Childhood District Office will disseminate information to schools via electronic documents (preschool applications, CPP fliers, and new Preschool Program brochures, etc.)
· Site determined: Schools inform parents through newsletters and school websites regarding their specific procedures for the application window of 1/2/18 – 1/17/18
· By 1/2/18: Early Childhood District Office will communicate to schools regarding the number of slots to hold for Colorado Preschool Program and Special Education children. The 18-19 Google preschool rosters will be shared with you also with the designated slots in place.
· 1/2 – 1/17/18: Schools conduct the “preschool application” process
· 1/30/18: Suggested final date to inform parents of acceptance to program and registration/enrollment begins (if program is not full, this process will be on-going)
· By 2/10/18: Parents must have completed and returned the District Enrollment Forms along with their $65 application fee if filling a tuition spot.
*Children placed in program slots (CPP and Special Education) will continue to register as placements are determined throughout the spring, summer, and next school year.